Friday, August 19, 2016

Famous Last Words: Orientation Week

Seeing as I haven't officially started classes yet, the only thing I have to reflect on right now is this class. The main thing I have to say is that I'm glad I started early! I would probably have been overwhelmed if I hadn't. The orientation seemed like a lot of work, probably because I was just learning about the class. Now that I mostly have it down, the blogging, the image captions, the storytelling, etc., it should become a lot easier and seem like less. Before I know it it'll be second nature, which is something I look forward to!

I honestly had no idea upon taking this class that there would be so much writing and creativity involved. I think that's great since I love writing anyway and am in the college of journalism, after all. That said, I really feel like I struggle with creativity sometimes. I'm great at cranking out an essay or a report, but I'm lacking in creative writing. Although I usually can come up with something eventually, I do want to get to a point where I can do it quite quickly.



Now that school is really starting on Monday for all of my classes, I'm glad I got a head start on this one. It got me in the mood for learning after having a couple of months off from it. I wanted to get as much done this week since I still have nothing to do, but when school starts up I'm worried that I'll fall back into the regular schedule for this class and not be ahead. I'm really going to try my hardest to keep at least one week ahead, however. I'm looking forward to this semester and this has been a good start!

Image from publicdomainpictures

No comments:

Post a Comment