Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Saint Thomas, My Favorite Place

St Thomas

I think there are a lot of places that could potentially be my favorite place, but I haven't actually visited them yet. I would love to go out of the country to Europe and visit the places there, but I haven't had the chance. So for now, my favorite place is Saint Thomas, a small island of the US Virgin Islands in the Caribbean. I went here for my brother's wedding and it was the most beautiful place I have ever been. I usually don't like beaches, but here, the water was warm and crystal clear and the waves were gentle. The local people were kind and welcoming and it was just a great experience all around. I would love to go back.

                                                                                   

                                                    (Magen's Bay in Saint Thomas
                                                         Wikimedia Commons)

1 comment:

  1. A wedding on St. Thomas: that sounds beautiful! And I was working this summer on collecting new books for the classes, including some wonderful books of folklore and stories from the Caribbean: if you are curious about the stories of St. Thomas you can find some in there! Here's a link: Caribbean story collections (all free online, ready for anyone to read and enjoy).

    Meanwhile, the blog post looks great: text, image, link, layouat — you're good to go! So, keep on blogging, and I hope you will enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete