Sunday, September 25, 2016

Growth Mindset: New Storytelling Style

This week, with my retelling of Twenty-Two Goblins, I tried out a style that I hadn't used before. For one, it was the first story that I had written from a first-person perspective, and also it was written to be slightly comical and it was also an unfinished type of story, one where you're not really sure what happens next. Before this story I had only just changed a few details in the story but left most everything else the same. With this one, I changed most everything. I actually really enjoyed writing this way. I felt free to make the story completely my own. It was more enjoyable than keeping with the same tone as the original story. I think I might actually try this more often, I feel like I learned a lot just by trying out the new style.

Image result for growth

No comments:

Post a Comment