Sunday, September 11, 2016

Growth Mindset: Talk With a Friend

This week, I decided to talk with my friend about growth mindset. I asked them if they had ever heard of it and they said they hadn't. I had also never heard of growth mindset before this class and so I wasn't surprised that they hadn't ever heard of this topic. I explained to him what growth mindset is, and he suddenly realized that he sees this being talked about very often but just under a different name. It was then that both of us realized that although many people have never heard of "growth mindset", most people are still aware of the problems concerning it and what it is. Even schools know there is a problem with how students react to grades and learning. In many ways, people are already acting to fix this issue without necessarily knowing what it is called. I think this is a good sign. My friend said he had already been applying some of the ideas of growth mindset in his school work without even knowing it, but knowing the name and specific definition will now make it easier.

Free stock photo of plants, green, growth, buds

No comments:

Post a Comment