Sunday, September 11, 2016

Learning Challenge: Tips for Happiness

I have never really considered myself a healthy person or someone who knows how to be healthy. I eat out almost everyday and I don't exercise, somehow I've managed to still be healthy and not overweight thanks to my youth and metabolism. However, I think one of the keys to being healthy is being happy, so I decided to share some happiness tips. Health and happiness really do go hand in hand, and if you can achieve one, you usually can achieve the other. My first tip for happiness is to get out of the house once in a while. Even if you dress up just to go to Walmart or to run errands, it can be nice to get your mind off of things by driving around and not staying cooped up in the house. Another tip is to be with people, but also appreciate time with yourself. There is nothing wrong with spending time alone watching your favorite TV show, and in fact I think that's a great way to stay happy. Make sure though that you try to take invites with friends even if you don't think you want to go, you'll probably end up having a good time. My last tip is to think positive. I know, this is like "duh", but it is something that people don't do. Practice noticing every time you have a negative thought and then saying "I'm having a negative thought, I need to think something positive." Eventually, this will become a habit, and your thoughts decide how happy you are. Happy thoughts lead to a happier life, no matter what the circumstances.

Image result for happy

1 comment:

  1. Toni! I think these are great tips on how to remain healthy and happy. I also agree that health and happiness do indeed coincide with one another. Remaining positive and being with people is something that energizes me and brings happiness to my life. These are really good tips that I think everyone should give a chance.

    ReplyDelete