Monday, October 3, 2016

Reading Part B: Chinese Fairy Book

These reading notes are from the Chinese Fairy Book by Wilhelm. I really enjoyed part A and I think there are a couple of stories that are good contenders for my storytelling. Part B was also very enjoyable, however. My favorite stories were the two involving the ogres, and all of the other stories were good as well. I will use one of these stories or one from my last post for my storytelling.

I thought that The Maiden Who Was Stolen Away was a very interesting story that, again, had an ending that I didn't really agree with. It seemed like a Shrek kind of story, and I think that combining this story with that movie would be very fun. Perhaps the ogre was a nice guy and it all was out of context.

The Flying Ogre is also an interesting story. I feel that it is very short and has potential to be elaborated on. Where did the ogre come from? Was she really bad? What had she done to other places? Could she be redeemed? I think that there are a lot of unanswered questions here. Making a love story out of her and someone else might be fun as well. Again, I see Shrek here, with people hunting her but maybe she is just misunderstood.


No comments:

Post a Comment