Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Growth Mindset

In this class, I think that I have grown in certain areas and also have areas to grow in others. This applies to my other classes as well. I think that in this class and others, I normally don't do the minimum. I have learned to push myself because I don't like feeling like I only did the minimum. I want to be proud of what I did and show others what I can do and not cut myself short. That being said, I tend to stay in my comfort zone. During this class, I have pushed out of that comfort zone a lot but I still have a ways to go. I never thought I could do creative writing at all, and writing stories isn't something I ever used to do. I have gotten comfortable with it and I feel I have grown a lot in that area. I definitely have focused more on learning and less on grades since I started this class. Since I'm almost done with college, grades matter very little in the grand scheme of things. Grades won't matter once I am out in the real world, but rather what I have learned. I love that I can be free to learn in my own way without pressure of being graded harshly.

Although I push myself in ways, I also tend to do what's easy. When I pick my stories, or even projects for other classes, I usually choose what looks easy. I should try to choose more difficult things so that I can get the most out of it and learn. Again, I think one reason why I do this is because I don't want to do something hard and then make a bad grades. But if I focus on learning and not grades, I will be able to do more difficult things. Another place I have room to grow in is wanting to get things right the first time. I hate editing and I hate redoing things. When I write essays, I tend to do them and then just turn them in. I need to learn that the first time is never the best time. You can't always get it right the first time, and it takes a lot of practice to become good at things. Knowing that I have room to grow here is key in accomplishing my goals.

Image result for growth

No comments:

Post a Comment