Monday, October 3, 2016

Reading Part A: Chinese Fairy Book

This week I chose readings from the Chinese Fairy Book by R. Wilhelm. A few of these readings looked familiar to me as I glanced over them, and I think they might have been included in some practice exercises we have done over the semester. There are many stories and ways to go with this reading and I feel like I have more freedom than with my last reading. My last reading I felt slightly restricted. I like collections of stories more than one long story because I can choose what I like best and go from there.

The first story that interested me was The Cave of the Beasts. It is a strange little story of a father who at first wants to send his daughters out to their deaths, then wants them back, and the family becomes happy and wealthy in the end. This doesn't seem how this story should end. The father should definitely be punished for his actions, so I think there are some things I can change here.

I also liked Why the Dog and the Cat are Enemies. This is a story that I read as a practice for this class earlier, so I already knew I would like it. It is a fun way of telling why dogs and cats hate each other, and I think telling this story in my own way would be fun and interesting, and also gives me a lot of freedom.


I also really liked the King of the Ants. I think there is a lot of really fun ways I could do this, and the title reminds me of some animated movies I've seen like A Bug's Life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment